We have all been shocked and saddened by the images coming out of Haiti, so our hearts and prayers are with the people of Haiti.
But the people of Haiti need more then just prayers, they need help, immediately. So if you are reading this, please donate to a worthy charity that is helping.
If you do make a donation, I will match it. Already, members of our JAR Group team, have made $500 worth of donations, while our partner Bloganthropy.org, has raised another $569, both which I am matching. Please help us raise more. Forward me your donation receipt and I will match it up to a total of $2000 in matches made.
Below are some posts raising money for Haiti and matching information, if any. Please feel free to share this list and copy it. We will update with new posts and totals as available. Through these campaigns, you can help contribute and show your support:
- Kelly at The Centsible Life (through January)
- Debbie and Candace at Mamanista (through 1/22; I am matching up to $200)
- Emily at DesignHerMomma (TOTAL = $269; I am matching $269)
- Katie at When Hello Means Goodbye (TOTAL Matching= $110)
The LA Times has a list of organizations accepting donations for Haiti, including:
- Salvation Army
- American Red Cross (also text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10 to American Red Cross relief for Haiti. The donation will be charged to your cellphone bill)
- Yele Haiti (Donations can be made at the site, or automatically by texting YELE to 501501 to give $5)
- Doctors Without Borders
Thank you for helping.